Teens At Footfire! 2 Ways to Play!
Guest CIT Program
- 13-14 yr olds
- Transition for previous campers
- Introduction for teens new to Footfire
- Opt into CIT or Camper activities
- Fees and hours as CIT Level 1(see below)
- Attend from 1-3 weeks; no 2-week minimum
- Enroll with CIT/GUEST CIT Application
Counselor In Training Program: Leadership Through Soccer
Footfire CITs grow in a well-rounded way, not only in soccer, but in terms of multi-generational social interaction, effective and appropriate communication, and problem resolution. Practical skills addressed include, but are not limited to, promptness, project follow-through, maintaining good health, physical awareness and balance, sound first aid practices, with an emphasis on appropriate conditioning and nutrition for athletic minds and bodies at various levels of experience.
Footfire CITs complete the program with a sense of purpose founded on a connection to others and the satisfaction of having contributed meaningfully to something greater than themselves.
What to expect:
The Footfire CITs receive an introduction to the program, learning about procedures and expectations, and take part in brief daily Footfire CIT leadership instructional meetings. As the Footfire CITs progress through the various levels they learn skills and techniques applicable to maintaining a safe and effective soccer instruction envirionment. They also continue to receive a high level of individual coaching and evaluation, with time for teen/CIT scrimmages throughout the camp week. First and second level Footfire CITs accept small responsibilities around the camp, shadowing coaches and higher level Footfire CITs. Advanced level 3-4 Footfire CITs assume greater leadership roles, such as the planning, organization and execution of a soccer training session.
Footfire CIT Program and Beyond:
Many of our Footfire CIT graduates use the program experiences to receive school credit for Physical Education, Independent Study, or Internships. Many return to Footfire for a summer job and/or coach in other community settings.
The program is most successful when prospective Footfire CITs and his/her parents/guardians are in agreement about participation. We strongly urge you to review the guidelines together as you decide whether the Footfire CIT Program is a good fit.
Previous Footfire Camper.
- Minimum age – 13 (by end of current Footfire Camp season).
- Current involvement in soccer-based activity: recreational, school or league.
- Footfire CIT personal statement.
Advancement based on evaluation by Camp Director.
Level 1 & 2 Requirements:
Minimum 2-week (10 days) each camp season.
- Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Level 3 & 4 Requirements:
- Completion of Levels 1 & 2
- Minimum 3-weeks (15 days) over 1 (or 2) camp seasons.
- Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Complete 6 hrs. training prior to each camp season, attend 2 out of 3 sessions.
- 2016 Footfire CIT training schedule (location: Codornices Park, Berkeley):
- Sunday, May 7, 1-4pm
- Sunday, May 14, 1-4pm
- Sunday, May 21, 1-4pm
NEW! Level 4 & 5 Requirements:
- Online course: Red Cross First Aid for Coaches
- Proof of completion due by: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Visit: redcross.org; navigate to online courses
Footfire 2017 Camp Dates:
- Week 1: June 12-16, Many schools still in session. Check your calendar!
- Week 2: 19-23
- Week 3: June 26-30
- NO CAMP - July 3-7
Week 4: July 10-14
Week 5: July 17-21
Week 6: July 24-28
Week 7: July 31-Aug 4
- Week 8: August 7-11
Footfire CIT/GUEST CIT Fees, Early Bird Pricing, Through March 15, 2017:
Level 1/GUEST CITs: Regular Camp Fee
Level 2: 1/3 fee waiver of Regular Camp Fee
Level 3: 2/3 waiver of regular Camp Fee
- Level 4 and 5 (Junior Coach): Full Waiver of regular Camp Fee
- Weekly stipend based on CIT Level and evaluation.
How to Enroll:
- Fill out one online form per CIT/GUEST CIT. You will need Emergency Contact Information, Physician and Medical Insurance Information, CIT digital photo and a brief statement from the CIT about aoccer experience and why he/she wants to participate.
- For online payment in full: upon enrollment form submission you will be redirected to Paypal. DO NOT close the Paypal page. Paypal receipt confirms enrollment.
- For check payment: within 3 days of enrollment form submission we will send invoice by email. Enrollment form submission is a reservation that will be honored for 10 days after invoice mailing. Payment confirms enrollment. We will acknowledge payment with email receipt.
- Note: As of May 1 50/50 plan option is not available. For 50/50 plan enrollment, online or check: within 3 days of enrollment form submission we will send invoice by email. Invoice may be paid online or by check. Enrollment form submission is a reservation that will be honored for 10 days. First payment of 50/50 plan extends reservation until June 1. Final payment due June 1. First payment is non-refundable. All payments with email receipt.
2017 Space Limited:
- Enroll early for your preferred dates. Note: Some weeks/levels ARE FULL. Check application for details.
- Approx. 5 CITs/Guest CITs accepted per week/per level
Guests and Level 1: prioritized based on date received.
Levels 2-5: prioritized based on date received and evaluations.
- We will confirm enrollment and/or wait list status by email.
Using Footfire CIT participation to fulfill outside requirements?
- Note your intention on the application.
- Submit necessary school forms by May 1, 2017.
CIT Enrollment Form: CIT/GUEST CIT Application
Footfire CIT Program Fees:
- Guest & Level 1:
- $345 per week, Golden Goal, Dec. 15 - Jan. 31
- $375 per week, Early Bird, Feb.1-March 15
- $390 per week, Standard, after March 15
- Level 2:
- $230 per week, Golden Goal, Dec. 15 - Jan. 31
- $250 per week, Early Bird, Feb.1-March 15
- $260 per week, Standard, after March 15
- Level 3:
- $115 per week, Golden Goal, Dec. 15 - Jan. 31
- $125 per week, Early Bird, Feb.1-March 15
- $130 per week, Standard, after March 15