Teens At Footfire! 2 Ways to Play!
Guest CIT Program
- 13-14 yr olds
- Transition for previous campers
- Introduction for teens new to Footfire
- Opt into CIT or Camper activities
- Fees and hours as CIT Level 1(see below)
- Attend from 1-3 weeks; no 2-week minimum
- Enroll with CIT Level 1-4/Guest Application Below
Counselor In Training Program: Leadership Through Soccer
Footfire CITs grow in a well-rounded way, not only in soccer, but in terms of multi-generational social interaction, effective and appropriate communication, and problem resolution. Practical skills addressed include, but are not limited to, promptness, project follow-through, maintaining good health, physical awareness and balance, sound first aid practices, with an emphasis on appropriate conditioning and nutrition for athletic minds and bodies at various levels of experience.
Footfire CITs complete the program with a sense of purpose founded on a connection to others and the satisfaction of having contributed meaningfully to something greater than themselves.
What to expect:
The Footfire CITs receive an introduction to the program, learning about procedures and expectations, and take part in brief daily Footfire CIT leadership instructional meetings. As the Footfire CITs progress through the various levels they learn skills and techniques applicable to maintaining a safe and effective soccer instruction envirionment. They also continue to receive a high level of individual coaching and evaluation, with time for teen/CIT scrimmages throughout the camp week. First and second level Footfire CITs accept small responsibilities around the camp, shadowing coaches and higher level Footfire CITs. Advanced level 3-4 Footfire CITs assume greater leadership roles, such as the planning, organization and execution of a soccer training session.
Footfire CIT Program and Beyond:
Many of our Footfire CIT graduates use the program experiences to receive school credit for Physical Education, Independent Study, or Internships. Many return to Footfire for a summer job and/or coach in other community settings.
The program is most successful when prospective Footfire CITs and his/her parents/guardians are in agreement about participation. We strongly urge you to review the guidelines together as you decide whether the Footfire CIT Program is a good fit.
Previous Footfire Camper.
- Minimum age – 13 (by end of current Footfire Camp season).
- Current involvement in soccer-based activity: recreational, school or league.
- Footfire CIT personal statement.
Advancement based on evaluation by Camp Director.
Level 1 & 2 Requirements:
Minimum 2-week (10 days) each camp season.
- Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Level 3 & 4 Requirements:
- Completion of Levels 1 & 2
- Minimum 3-weeks (15 days) over 1 (or 2) camp seasons.
- Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Complete 6 hrs. training prior to each camp season, attend 2 out of 3 sessions.
- 2016 Footfire CIT training schedule (location: Codornices Park, Berkeley):
- Sunday, May 6, 1-4pm
- Sunday, May 13, 1-4pm
- Sunday, May 20, 1-4pm
NEW! Level 4 & 5 (Junior Coach) Requirements:
- Online First Aid Course
- Proof of completion due by: Sunday, May 20, 2018
- Visit: firstaidweb.com; no additional fee
Footfire 2018 Camp Dates:
- Week 1: June 11-15, Gilman East, West Berkeley
- Week 2: June 18-22, Gilman East, West Berkeley
- Week 3: June 25-29, Gilman East, West Berkeley
- NO CAMP July 2-6 Happy Fourth!
- Week 4: July 9-13, Codornices Park, near Rose Garden, North Berkeley, LEVEL 3 FILLED
- Week 5: July 16-20, Codornices Park, near Rose Garden, North Berkeley LEVELS 1, 2 & 3 FILLED
- Week 6: July 23-27, Codornices Park, near Rose Garden, North Berkeley LEVELS 2 & 3 FILLED
- Week 7: July 30-Aug 3, Grove Park, South Berkeley
- Week 8: Aug 6-10, Grove Park, South Berkeley - LEVEL 1 FILLED
- For filled weeks at specific levels: CITs may be placed on a wait list. Fill out the registration form, skip the payment page. There is no financial obligation to be placed on the waiting list. We will inform you as soon as a space opens. We receive cancelations but usually immediately before or during the summer season. Waiting can be worthwhile if scheduling permits.
Footfire 2018 Camp Location Information:
- Weeks 1, 2, 3: Gilman East Field, West Berkeley, at the Tom Bates Regional Sports Complex, South Park Lot, accessible by Frontage Road
- Weeks 4, 5, 6: Codornices Park, North Berkeley, across from the Rose Garden, enter at Euclid and Bayview Place
- Weeks 7, 8: Grove Park, 1730 Oregon Street, at MLK Jr Way, across from the South Berkeley library
Footfire CIT/GUEST CIT Fees:
Level 1/GUEST CITs: Regular Camp Fee
Level 2: 1/3 fee waiver of Regular Camp Fee
Level 3: 2/3 waiver of regular Camp Fee
- Level 4 and 5 (Junior Coach): Full Waiver of regular Camp Fee
- Weekly stipend based on CIT Level and evaluation.
Footfire CIT Program Fees by Pricing Tier:
- Guest & Level 1:
- $355 per week, Golden Goal, Dec. 15 - Jan. 31
- $385 per week, Early Bird, Feb.1-March 15
- $400 per week, Standard, after March 15
- Level 2:
- $235 per week, Golden Goal, Dec. 15 - Jan. 31
- $260 per week, Early Bird, Feb.1-March 15
- $270 per week, Standard, after March 15
- Level 3:
- $120 per week, Golden Goal, Dec. 15 - Jan. 31
- $130 per week, Early Bird, Feb.1-March 15
- $135 per week, Standard, after March 15
2018 Space Limited:
- Enroll early for your preferred dates.
- Approx. 5 CITs/Guest CITs accepted per week/per level
Guests and Level 1: prioritized based on date received.
Levels 2-5: prioritized based on date received and evaluations.
- We will confirm enrollment and/or wait list status by email.
Using Footfire CIT participation to fulfill outside requirements?
- Note your intention on the application.
- Submit necessary school forms by May 1, 2018.
- ONLINE 50% payment now/50% payment May 1, 2018
- CHECK 50% payment now/50% payment May 1, 2018
- All FULL payments are refundable until May 25, 2018, minus $35 fee p/camp week
- First 50% payments are NOT refundable
- All payments confirmed via email
Enrollment is reopened as of January 17!
Levels 1-4 CIT/GUEST CIT Program Registration HERE.
GRADUATE CITS: Graduates of the Footfire CIT program are welcome to reconnect with Footfire!
- Refine coaching skills.
- Fun and rewarding summer employment.
- Assignment options: mornings, full day, afternoons.
- Register ASAP by estimating 2018 season availability.
- Final assignments based on balance of registration date, previous evaluation, weekly need.
GRADUATE CIT registration HERE.